Achieve profitable sales results and promote superior customer service by managing the daily operations of the retail store. Oversee retail staff; analyse sales and profits, and evaluate/implement activities using the New Balance Core Values of TeamWork, Integrity, and Superior Customer Service.
Staffing and Schedules
• Manage full and part-time retail staff.
• Make decisions and recommendations relative to hiring, training, salary administration, performance management, development and employee relations.
• Oversee completion of monthly work schedules and weekly time cards to Payroll Department, manage payroll budget.
• Make recommendation on headcount for yearly budget review based upon trend.
• Work with Retail Manager and HR team to develop recruiting methods. Utilise both to assist in training and retaining employees.
Sales and Merchandising
• Work on the selling floor, particularly during scheduled weekend days and major sale events.
• Ensure security of New Balance employees, New Balance merchandise and store assets.
• Review floor presentation and layout; set goals to improve turn and overall gross margin results.
• Use data and budget plans to breakdown selling and merchandising goals for the team.
• Analyse sales and gross profit using various reports.
• Promote re-orders on best selling styles; communicate slow-selling items for markdown review.
• Conduct meetings with central management team to discuss merchandise mix, average inventory levels and model stocks to improve sales performance. Develop seasonal action plans.
• Coordinate special in-store promotions in conjunction with team and marketing department.
• Identify additional marketing and sales promotional opportunities in market area.
• Coordinate major events
• Establish and maintain Direct Mail Program.
• Review monthly departmental expense reports and approved budgets to insure accurate accounting of actual expenses.
• Complete requirements for capital expenditures for major projects and annual budget meetings.
• Complete daily bank deposits, coordinate financial reporting to general accounting, i.e. daily spreadsheets, petty cash reconciliation. Submit monthly reports for end of the month reconciliation
Perform other duties as required.
• Degree or equivalent in retail related field desirable
• Proven retail management experience
• People management experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to organise and manage projects
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Sales and customer service focus
• Proficiency with MS Excel and retail software
• Ability to work flexibly to include weekends and holidays